- April 26, 2006
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Now isn’t that a good question? I wish I knew. First of all, at 37, almost 38, I feel like I should be “grown up.” But hell to the conventional train of thought. I am tired of resposibility. I want to “grow down.” Or should that be “grow back?” At either rate, I want to add more of the “kidness” and innocense in my life.
To see the world though the eyes of a child, where everything is new and fresh- not jaded or tainted by memories and past expecations- that is something I wish for.
I have never considered myself traditional. I have always been a bit off the wall. So maybe I need to be a bit more of that.
I just found on my desk two plagues I had grabbed fromthe dollar store a while back. They say” Sing as thought no one can hear you” and “Dance as no one is watching you.”
My goal should be to do these things each and every day, to help me “grow down.”
- RT @HamiltonElector: The President and Vice President of the United States https://t.co/8Sy8iaDMIa 2 days ago
- RT @BeauWillimon: At best, Trump is an impediment to governance. At worst, he's doing damage to the country while defending bigotry. It's… 2 days ago
- RT @funder: ROLL CALL: Retweet if you're a proud member of #TheResistance-Now let's get #QuitTheCouncil to trend at #1! 1 week ago
- RT @altNOAA: #ImpeachTrump is the top trend. And, needs to be the most discussed topic by Congress as well. 1 week ago
- RT @funder: This'll go down as one of the sadder days in US history thanks to @realDonaldTrump & his complicit supporters @SpeakerRyan & @S… 1 week ago